A special thank you to the entire cast of characters that brought A Sors, the performance/dining experience at the Masonic Lodge at the Regency Center, to brilliant life. This magical evening represents a new chapter in an ongoing exploration of history and cuisine by artists Julio Cesar Morales and Max La Rivere-Hedrick and was executed in collaboration with Rebecca Jean and Natalia Bushyager of Seasonal Elegance, and the knowledgeable Norma Listman.
Special thanks to everyone involved, including Rocket Caleshu, Arpad Dobriban, Jennifer Frederiksen, Andria Lo, Paolo Salvagione, Brian Scott, Mark Weidenbaum, Miles Ake, Carmen Benavides, Tina Dang, Alexandra Franco, Conrad Meyers II, Jennifer McCabe, Bailey Nakano, Kim Silva, Ian Treasure, Erik Wilson, Jenifer Wofford, Jonathan Wong, Kathryn Williamson, and Danielle Cronis and the Regency staff.
For more on the project as it continues to develop please visit the Engine43 blog.
Image: Photo of the goat oven, by Andria Lo.
Second full day of sessions, and here are 10 Things We’ve Learned:
1) Goat is delicious.
2) It gets really cold at night. We can’t stress this enough. Dress in your warmest clothes tonight for the dinner at SOEX. We will be outdoors. It will be cold. We will not have heat lamps. Just each other and pork buns. So please please please, dress as warmly as you can for this evening.
3) 16 seconds is the new 20 seconds.
4) The Headlands is the most magical place ever. Thanks again to sharon maidenberg and the entire crew at the Headlands Center for the Arts. Especially to Katie Powers and her cooking team. Those were some tasty and good looking box lunches.
5) Divisidero and Lombard is a terrible place to train on the job.
6) Looking forward to a lot of gay weddings in NY.
7) 6:00am showers are the worst.
8) Julio and Max and Norma and Natalia and Rebecca and Jennifer really know how to make a night feel special. Thanks to everyone involved in the sensory overload that was A Sors, at the Regency Club. We’re ready to start smuggling honey on a regular basis.
9) Rock Band is harder than you think.
10) This is an endlessly inspiring group of people. (But we knew that already.)
Enjoy the day at SFAI.